My career, interests
30 years plus as a Lloyd’s Broker (Reinsurance). Qualified as an FCII, decades ago. ).Today, I own a very successful Reinsurance Training Consultancy working with a diverse range of insurance and reinsurance operations globally. Although since Covid (2019/2021) I have cut back on my work schedule, I am still pleased to be running very successful reinsurance training courses in UK and Ireland, Singapore and Zambia. See How I got my first job.
My main interests
The City and Old Buildings
Maps, Music, Wine and finding time to help other people!
My main “interest” is still reinsurance, reading, studying and training so I do know how this important segment for our area of the City is evolving and changing.
I was a Director of Livery School Link, a charity that I still strongly believe in and support. LSL encourages liverymen to volunteer to help London Schools in areas such as Talks, Mentoring, Governance… a few hours a year does make a huge difference for students.
Do you have time to volunteer to help the Insurance Stand on 20th March – Guildhall? For more information please Contact Peter.
Organising Committee of the City of London Branch of the Red Cross – Biennial Christmas Market
A really great Christmas Market every 2 years at Guildhall – Gala Evening 25th November 2019
– Full Day 26th November 2019
The City and Me
For me the City has always been a very special place – See The Old Lady of Threadneedle Street.
I am proud to be a Freeman of the City of London, and Liveryman The Worshipful Company of Insurers and am a Past Master of Lime Street Ward Club.
Why do i think I would make a successful Common Councilman?
I believe I could make a difference and help highlight the challenges and issues facing Lime Street Ward to the Court of Common Council and Court of Aldermen…. – If elected I would hit the ground running. I already know a good cross section of CC’s and Aldermen.
I want to put something back into the Ward and the City.
Why stand in Lime Street Ward?
Only Ward I would want to stand in, it is part of my DNA. I started my career (in Reinsurance) in St Mary Axe, then to 52 Lime Street (Placing Broker in Lloyd’s) I have walked every inch of this Ward and know I can help it and its electors maintain and even enhance its pre-eminence.
Why vote for me?
I want to ensure that you and the following generations of people working and potentially living in The City, especially in Lime Street Ward, have a safe, friendly, fun environment with the best available facilities.
- I have the expertise, experience and ability.
- I have ideas!
- I will actively encourage the creation of opportunities to work in the City for all. See my blog on Diversity.
- I will support, small, privately owned enterprises, not just the conglomerates.
- I want to ensure that our Ward is fully involved and ready to cope whatever challenges we face.
- I can offer, energy, enthusiasm and decades of experience of our Ward and its core business.
- I have the full support of my wife – Daphne as much a Lime Street and City person as I am.
- I would be an “independent”, independent. (Standing alone, not part of a set group (called a slate).
Want to know more? Contact Me.